"unlocking" stale nfs? adding -t to running nfsd?

Palle Girgensohn girgen at pingpong.net
Sun Jun 13 05:17:07 PDT 2004

Hi,

Two questions:

I have an nfs mount mounted without -i or -s (stoopid me!), just plain
mount server:/fs /lfs. This was over a WAN connection, and of course the
connection server<->client broke somehow, and now the mount is stale. This
naturally means that I cannot do ls -l / , since it hangs forever. Now the
question: is there any way to unstale this, so the machine can go back to
normal again, without a reboot?

I should really do this mount with tcp, of course, but found no way to get
a running nfsd to also start accepting tcp (nfsd runs with "-n 6 -u", no
-t). Is there a way to tell a running nfsd to start accepting tcp
connections?

Thanks,
Palle