Weird processes after upgrading to apache2

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sun Jun 13 02:17:19 PDT 2004

On Sun, Jun 13, 2004 at 02:02:44AM -0500, Kirk Strauser wrote:

> Those are the exact symptoms seen when httpd is run without the "-DSSL"
> argument.  In other words, my little daemons seem to forget their name and
> their arguments after they've started.  Note that despite the warning, the
> daemons seem to have been successfully restarted (to the best of my
> knowledge).

I suspect it's mod_perl causing the weirdness.  Plain apache-2.0.49
works perfectly well for me serving up static html and some php.

mod_perl is unusual though in that it has such a complete interface to
the apache API.  I don't doubt that you can cause any of the effects
you've seen with unsuitably written perl code.  Serious debugging time
required.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way