upgrading the perl installation problems.

Micheal Patterson micheal at tsgincorporated.com
Sat Jun 12 00:30:54 PDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Crist" <ecrist at secure-computing.net>
To: <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 12, 2004 2:13 AM
Subject: upgrading the perl installation problems.

Hello list,

I'm trying to install mimedefang from ports, but I get the error:

===>  mimedefang-2.43_1 Port requires perl 5.6.1 or later. Install
lang/perl5
or lang/perl5.8 then try again.

I cd to the correct directory, type make install clean, get the 'all ok'
from
installation telling me it's reinstalled, and type:

#perl --version and get:

This is perl, version 5.005_03 built for i386-freebsd

What am I missing in this process?

TIA.

-------------------

You're missing one of the last warnings during the make of perl5.x from the
ports tree..
use.perl.

Usage:
  /usr/local/bin/use.perl port       -> /usr/bin/perl is the perl5 port
  /usr/local/bin/use.perl system     -> /usr/bin/perl is the system perl

--

Micheal Patterson
TSG Network Administration

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is
message.