DNS/BIND Question

Eric Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Sat Jun 12 00:03:20 PDT 2004

Hey all,

I was wondering how to make one subdomain resolve to multiple IP addresses?  I
have www.mydomain.com which has only had 1 IP address for a long time.  Now,
I want to create a second server with a mirror of that web server.  I'd like
lookups of www.mydomain.com to resolve to two different IP addresses.

Also, what is your recommendation of how to maintain the correct mirror data?
One server is the primary, which has ftp access for the web designers.  I'm
thinking of either, real-time, or once every 24 hours, updating that
information so that both servers have all the correct web sites.  What is the
best way to accomplish this?

Thanks, in advance, for your help!

Eric F Crist
--
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry, and the world WILL turn.