Platforms, OSes,etc.

reddevil69 reddevil69 at cox.net
Fri Jun 11 16:47:25 PDT 2004

Hi there. I have a question or two if you folks don't mind. I would like to migrate to a better, more stable OS for surfing, making music and data cd's as well as dvd's,  and importing images ( vhs and photo)  to cd/dvd. As far as I'm concerned, the only thing that Windows is good for is my games, probably because I'm tired of all the bs (crashes,bugs, holes etc.).  I have a Gigabyte GA-7VM400M motherboard with an Athelon XP 2400+ (Thorton). My question then is this, What platform do I have (i386, pc98 ? ),  and what OS would you recommend for my purposes ( FreeBSD, Red Hat, SUSE?) irregardless of  brand names,  and multi-boot setups are not a problem. Please respond in non-geek english, and thank you very much for your assistance..