Interrupts crowding

Karsten Fuhrmann karsten_fuhrmann at cartoon-film.de
Fri Jun 11 13:07:12 PDT 2004

Hello List,
maybe this is not realy FreeBSD specific but i hope you can still
answer that.
I am wondering if there is a way to prevent some hardware components
from interrupt sharing, because i think this is a bottleneck situation
sometimes.

I discovered this while looking at my /var/log/messages after a reboot
of my Freebsd 4.8 Box

USB,VGA,Ethernet are sharing irq 10

Does anyone if this is somehow configurable.
Or does someone know how much overhead such a "irg polling" will cost.

I think it would be much better to share the irq in another order e.g.
ethernet with parralel port...

Karsten