PDF plugin for Mozilla?

Your Name bg271828 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 10 11:47:07 PDT 2004

--- Lowell Gilbert
<freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org> wrote:
> Your Name <bg271828 at yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > I'm using Mozilla on FreeBSD 4.9. When I click on
> > PDF, it prompts me to use gpdf to view it, and
> then
> > will open it up in a separate window. Is there a
> > plugin I can use so that it opens right in the
> browser
> > window? The only Mozilla plugins I found in the
> Ports
> > collection were for Flash.
>
> The port www/plugger will do this.

Thanks! That's actually kind of nice, though it took a
little fiddling to get right (using gpdf instead of
xpdf, for example). Still easier than running Acroread
under Linux compat.

But it does seem to conflict with other plugins. I had
been using mplayerplug-in, but now that no longer
works, and the plugger line for mpeg video is not
working (I guess I could fix it, but I like
mplayerplug-in). Can these work together, or does
plugger have to handle everything?

Jen