Using scanner with FreeBSD. A nightmare!

Rob stopspam at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jun 9 20:58:21 PDT 2004

Warren Block wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Rob wrote:
>
>> This is exactly the point where I get confused.
>>
>> # cat /usr/local/etc/sane.d/hp.conf | grep -v "^#"
>> usb 0x03f0 0x0401
>> /dev/uscanner0
>> #  sane-find-scanner -v
>> [...]
>> checking /dev/uscanner0... open ok, but vendor and product could NOT
>> be identified
>> found USB scanner (UNKNOWN vendor and product) at device /dev/uscanner0
>> [...]
>

> Hmm.  What does 'scanimage -L' say?
 > The only other thing I can think of trying would be to check that
 > 'usbdevs -v' shows matching USB vendor and product codes.  HP may have
 > revised them.

# scanimage -L

# usbdevs -v
Controller /dev/usb0:
addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000), Intel(0x0000), rev 1.00
  port 1 powered
  port 2 powered
#

And again, I'm in a state where I have no idea in what direction to go!

What do you have configured in your kernel config file, to get this usb stuff working?

Thanks for your help!

Rob.