Backup question

Micheal Patterson micheal at tsgincorporated.com
Wed Jun 9 07:49:59 PDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Karen Donathan" <donathan at gwhs.kana.k12.wv.us>
To: <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 9:29 AM
Subject: Backup question

> Hello.
>
>      What is the best way to back up the html directory?  We do not have a
> tape drive.  Is there a way to have an automated .tar file created and
> sent as email so I could save it on another server?  Any help would be
> great!
>
> Thanks
> Karen Donathan
> George Washington High School
> Charleston, WV

Sure, have a crontab do the tar daily and then use mutt to send it as an
attachment to the desired email address. Keep in mind, if you're not doing
the mail services yourself, some mail servers limit the file size of
attachments.

--

Micheal Patterson
TSG Network Administration

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is
message.