Help: After installing linux, I can no longer boot my freebsd...

Mark Jayson Alvarez jay2xra at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 8 04:01:18 PDT 2004

Hi,

  I have a 20gb harddisk with 3 primary partitions:

1st: DOS
2nd: Freebsd
3rd: reserved for linux
and an extended partition(which contains my windows
files)

Before installing linux.. I can see this at freebsd
boot manager menu

F1:DOS
F3:Freebsd

After installing linux and lilo..
F1:DOS
F2:Freebsd(F3 before)
F4:linux

I have successfully edited the boot.ini of windows and
be able to boot into it, same as with linux but.. when
I press F2 to boot into my freebsd.. it stops in the
middle of device detection process and it shows

Manual root filesystem specification
<fstype>:<device>

mountroot>

I tried typing ufs:/dev/ad0s1a but it still won't
boot..

What I did was to delete entire the linux installation
and the partition aloted to it

so now I can only see this at boot time:

F1:DOS
F2:Freebsd

Any idea what happened?
Do you know what should I type in the