ISPs blocking SMTP connections from dynamic IP address space

Bill Campbell freebsd at celestial.com
Mon Jun 7 22:52:13 PDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004, Jay Moore wrote:
>On Monday 07 June 2004 10:29 am, Bill Moran wrote:
>
>> > Just make sure they are truly dynamic ips.  Many people block ips
>> > identified as "DSL" connections.  Those are not necessarily dynamic ip
>> > based.
>
>The easiest way I've found to learn if your IP address is "listed", and who is
>listing it is:
>
>http://www.dnsstuff.com/

Telnet to port 25 of any of AOL's MX servers.  You will get an
immediate rejection notice if they think you're in residential
DSL space:
	mailin-01.mx.aol.com
	mailin-02.mx.aol.com
	mailin-03.mx.aol.com
	mailin-04.mx.aol.com

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

``Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within
limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within
the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and
always so when it violates the rights of the individual.''
    -Thomas Jefferson