upgraded perl ... now missing mods that was installed before upgrade

Randy Pratt rpratt1950 at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 6 15:43:51 PDT 2004

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 12:48:27 -0700
"white vamp" <whitevamp47 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> i did a portupgrade -acCrRv -x kde
> and every thing upgraded just fine and now when i goto run perl -MCPAN -e
> shell
> it loads ok but in the shell if i do a install Bundle::CPAN or any outhere
> one it cant seam to find net::ftp
> and also sence i did my portupgrade all of my  perl modules are missing now
> .. that i had installed before the upgrade .. any ideas on how i can get the
> mods back?? or do i have to figure out all the mods that i had installed
> previousely and reinstall them??
>
> and thx inadvance for any help on this
>
> David D.
>
> PS:
>
> Summary of my perl5 (revision 5 version 8 subversion 4) configuration:
>
> uname -a
> FreeBSD vampextream.com 4.10-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.10-RELEASE #0: Thu Jun  3
> 15:24:56 PDT 2004     root at vampextream.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/VAMPEXTREAM
> i386
>

> and my perl ver before was 5.8.2  ( before the upgrade )
>
> PSS:
> an example of of some of my missing mods are
> Text::Iconv
> net::ftp
> Can't locate auto/Compress/Zlib/autosplit.ix

Take a look at /usr/ports/UPDATING .  In particular, the entry:

	20040531:
  	  AFFECTS: users of lang/perl5.8

It may be of some help.  Its a good idea to get into the habit
of reading and following the instructions in UPDATING.  I do
the things in UPDATING before updating any other ports since it
may affect the upgrading of other ports.

If you have followed those instructions, then pardon my noise.

Best regards,

Randy