help me make a Mail Server choice

Thomas Farrell info at mvcg.net
Sat Jun 5 11:14:19 PDT 2004

You should check out puremessage from ActiveState & Sophos. Other choices
are mailscanner & spamassasin, as for free scanners most of these still
require sometype of an AV engine. You can download an evaluation of sophos
savi it will work for about three months. Most free software like
mailscanner will  utilize savi , fprot, Mcafee.  Other mail scanning
software types are mimesweeper, mailmarshal, Qwava.

http://www.sophos.com/products/sav/eval/

http://freshmeat.net/projects/mailscanner/

SpamAssasin
/usr/ports/mail/spamass-milter