Problems mounting my cdrom drive

Bruce Hunter bhunter at solisix.com
Fri Jun 4 23:13:03 PDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-06-05 at 02:07, Luke Kearney wrote:
> On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 02:03:29 -0400
> Bruce Hunter <bhunter at solisix.com> spake thus:
>
> > On Sat, 2004-06-05 at 01:52, Jorge Mario G. wrote:
> > > check for /dev/acd0
> > > anyway do it the easy way:
> > >   #mount /cdrom
> > > or trya acd0a
> > >

> > > Jorge
> > >

> > i tried
> > #mount /cdrom
> > and
> > #mount /dev/acd0
> >
> > nothing worked
> > i get this error
> >
> > cd9660: /dev/acd0: Invalid argument
> >
> > Any other ideas?
> >
> > Bruce
>
> >From memory mount /cdrom should work just find but what is in your fstab ?
> do you have a line that refers to your cd rom drive? If not try
> something like mount /dev/acd0 /mnt  as root. Unless you have previously
> changed the permissions trying to mount anything as a user other than
> root will not work spectacularly well.
>
> HTH
>
> LukeK

I haven't changed permissions at all, for mounting.
here is what my # /etc/fstab/ file looks like
# Device                Mountpoint      FStype  Options         Dump
Pass#
/dev/ad0s1b             none            swap    sw              0
0
/dev/ad0s1a             /               ufs     rw              1
1
/dev/ad0s1g             /home           ufs     rw              2
2
/dev/ad0s1d             /tmp            ufs     rw              2
2
/dev/ad0s1f             /usr            ufs     rw              2
2
/dev/ad0s1e             /var            ufs     rw              2
2
/dev/acd0               /cdrom          cd9660  ro,noauto       0
0

#CORE NFS
core:/home/NFSave       /mnt/core       nfs     rw              0
0

-Bruce-