crom output?

Mark boxend at redtick.homeunix.com
Fri Jun 4 13:21:05 PDT 2004

Don't buy a new drive yet, I'm having the same problems, built a debug kernel
but get complaints of not enough free space to save debug. Thought it was ntpd
causing the panic, killed it and made 4 day uptime but it's gone back to the 24th
hour panic.

On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 10:28:46AM -0700, Gary Kline wrote:

> 	Here's the latest in the Continuing Adventures of tracking
> 	down "why my main server crashes in the wee hours" (usually).
>
> 	I had the memory replaced and am no longer losing tons of
> 	file to badly alloc'd index nodes..... *but*, over the weeks
> 	that I've ket a /var/log/console.log, tao has usually gone
> 	down just after 03:00, when the periodic/daily scripts are
> 	run.
>
> 	So: is there any magic-knob I can turn to catch exactly
> 	which daily file is causing this?   (It may be time to get
> 	a newer hard drive, but t hat's another issue.)
>
> 	thanks, people,
>
> 	gary
>

> --
>    Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix

The information contained in this communication is confidential, private,
proprietary, or otherwise privileged and is intended only for the use of the
addressee.  Unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution or copying is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in
error, please notify the sender immediately.