How to make a screenshot?

Andrew L. Gould algould at datawok.com
Fri Jun 4 10:17:02 PDT 2004

On Fri,  4 Jun 2004 18:41:02 +0200 (CEST)
Cordula's Web <cpghost at cordula.ws> wrote:

> > > How can I make a screenshot of what's on my monitor?  (I searched
> > > the archives unsuccessfully for "screenshot".)
> >
> > Gimp is an image manipulation program similar to Photoshop or
> > PaintShopPro, which can also grab screenshots etc. Run Gimp and then
> >
> > select File->Acquire->Screen_Shot. Assuming you're connected to the
>
> Or just use xwd(1).
>
> --
> Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/

Thanks to all who replied.

I tried both gimp and ksnapshot from within xfce4.  (I have KDE
installed for Konqueror's webdav functionality.)  Both worked great.

I flubbed my first attempt with xwd -- I need to spend more time with
it's man page.

Thanks again,

Andrew Gould