Firestarter or equivalent?

Thomas Farrell info at mvcg.net
Thu Jun 3 21:00:35 PDT 2004

Here is a snippet of a startup script I use for a BSD firewall nat box

/sbin/ipfw add divert natd all from any to any via rl0
dhcpd rl1 -q

The first line nats all traffic via interface rl0
The second line starts up a dhcpd server on the lan interface rl1. Of course
you'll need a /etc/dhcpd.conf   file. Mine looks like this

authoritative;
ddns-update-style none;
log-facility local7;

subnet 192.168.10.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
dynamic-dhcp range 192.168.10.2 192.168.10.254 {
option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
option domain-name "yourdomain.com";
option domain-name-servers 4.2.2.4,4.2.2.5,4.2.2.6;
option routers 192.168.10.1;
option dhcp-lease-time 14400;
option dhcp-renewal-time 7200;
option dhcp-rebinding-time 12600;
}
}

If you don't have dhcpd installed just go into this directory
/usr/ports/net/isc-dhcp3/  and type "make && make install"  you will have it
after this, provided the machine is connected to the internet.

good luck

Tom