ho hum. Make installworld

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Thu Jun 3 02:46:36 PDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 10:24:15AM +0100, Edd wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> Checked out current src yesterday and did make buildworld followed by
> mergemaster -p. Then make installworld:
>
> ===> sbin/geom/class/concat
> install -s -o root -g wheel -m 444     geom_concat.so.1 /lib/geom
> ln -fs geom_concat.so.1 /lib/geom/geom_concat.so
> ln: /lib/geom/geom_concat.so: Not a directory
> *** Error code 1
>
> Not too sure what I am supposed to do at this point. Can anyone help me?

Questions about -current should go to the freebsd-current mailing list.

I'm not sure why you'd see this error, unless perhaps you didn't have
a complete and up-to-date source tree.  How did you check it out?

That directory should be listed in /usr/src/etc/mtree/BSD.root.dist,
from a commit made on May 20.

Kris