Upgrading to 4.10 using cvsup(Pleeeease! I'm halfway there!!!)

Mark Jayson Alvarez jay2xra at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 2 17:49:34 PDT 2004

I'm currently on freebsd 4.9 and wanted to upgrade to
4.10 using cvsup

This is my supfile

*default host=cvsup1.ph.FReeBSD.org
(Philippines... my home)

*default base=/usr
(...said this is to track down the download status...
right?)

*default prefix=/usr
(...said this is the place where the files will go
into my computer... is this correct? Can I use my home
directory instead?)

*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4_10
(...said to get FreeBSD4.10 release... am i on the
right track?)

*default delete use-rel-suffix
(no idea about this one... maybe you have?)

*default compress
(i think this might help... just using 56k modem)

Here goes the most mind-boggling part...
Which is which? I only want minimum download(56 k
modem... remember?)I'm just a typical desktop user and
I only need X and KDE... and some fresh manuals for
4.10 I guess.

src-base(i think i need this...)
src-bin(...and this...)
src-contrib
src-etc(...and this...)
src-games
src-gnu
src-include
src-kerberos5
src-kerberosIV
src-lib(...and this...)
src-libexec(...and this...)
src-release(...and this...)
src-sbin(...and this...)
src-share(...and not much this...)
src-sys(...and more of this...)
src-tools
src-usrbin(...maybe this...)
src-usrsbin(...and also this...)
src-crypto(...perhaps not this one...)
src-eBones(...sounds like a rap artist..)
src-secure(...perhaps in the future...)
src-sys-crypto(...perhaps in the future too..)

maraming salamat!(...thanks a lot!)
mabuhay!(....long live!)
-jay:)