Intel PRO/Wireless 2200

Michael Roberts tpen0010 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 1 16:02:34 PDT 2004

hi,

question about a wireless card -- I would like to get a Intel PRO/Wireless
2200 (b/g) mini pci card to run on my laptop (inspiron 8600), but i'm not
sure if it is supported by freebsd.  i couldn't find any info on the
website/lists/web/etc. about whether freebsd has the necessary drivers (or
if they exist).

i have found that there is a driver for linux, apparently made by intel.
they have a page at sourceforge:
http://ipw2200.sourceforge.net/

so, does freebsd already support the Intel PRO/Wireless 2200, and if not,
will the above linux driver work with freebsd?

thanks for any help.

mike