Problems installing a USB keyboard

Andreas Ntaflos daff at dword.org
Tue Jun 1 08:58:00 PDT 2004

On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 11:26:43AM -0400, Robert Huff wrote:

> >  What am I missing? Sorry if this is something painfully obvious.
>
> 	It isn't, but you may find this applicable:
>
> 	http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=30570

Thanks for your reply!

If I am not mistaken the "fix" for this problem is to remove the AT
keyboard driver from the kernel? This is mentioned somewhere in the
handbook, too I think. There are two entries in the kernel configuration
for the keyboard (controller):

device atkbdc0 at isa? port IO_KBD
device atkbd0  at atkbdc? irq 1 # flags 0x1: remove and reconnect kbd correctly

Which one has to be removed? Probably both, right? But as far as I understand, the
atkbdc0 also controls the PS/2 mouse; does that mean it is not possible to use
a USB keyboard with a PS/2 mouse?

Sounds like I should keep using the keyboard with the USB-to-PS/2
converter, doesn't it? :) But I'll try removing the AT driver first.
--
Andreas "daff" Ntaflos | "A cynic is a man who knows the price of
daff AT dword DOT org  | everything, and the value of nothing."