Getting ProFTPD to listen on just one IP address

Wayne Pascoe freebsd-feb at penguinpowered.org
Tue Jun 1 03:56:59 PDT 2004

Hi all,

Can anyone enlighten me as to how I get ProFTPD to just listen to one IP
address ?

I've just installed from ports, so I've got proftpd-1.2.10.r1

I've added the following to my config file :
DefaultAddress    193.xx.xx.xx

I then start ProFTPD and get the following message:
- setting default address to 193.xx.xx.xx

However, netstat -an | grep 21 shows me this
tcp4       0      0  *.21                   *.*         LISTEN

So it's binding to both IP's on the machine. I've tested this and I can
definitely FTP to both IP addresses - which is NOT what I want.

The reason I'm trying to get this working is that I need 2 different
config's on the same machine.

Thanks in advance,

--
Wayne Pascoe    (gpg --keyserver www.co.uk.pgp.net --recv-keys 79A7C870)
Wageslaves - Who do you want to make rich