Sorry--I'm Newbie - Best way to add php4

Bob Kukla rfkukla at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 31 21:56:49 PDT 2004

Hi,

I am very new to BSD and web servers and have just recently installed the latest 5.2 version. I have installed Apache 1.3 from the FreeBSD ftp site and have added mod_dav successfully.  The web server and webDAV are working fine. I now want to add php4 and mySQL capabilities. I have read some of the latest mail and am confused as to how to best go about it.  I have never used php or mySQL before nor have I had it installed on a web server. What packages and in what sequence , if any, should I install ?  Also,  what does the number 20020429 at the end (/usr/local/lib/php/20020429 )  signify?  Thanks in advance for your help!

Bob Kukla