Problem updating xorg-clients

Joshua Tinnin krinklyfig at spymac.com
Fri Jul 30 22:17:03 PDT 2004

On Friday 30 July 2004 09:25 pm, Chris <racerx at makeworld.com> wrote:
> Joshua Tinnin wrote:
> > (message has been reformatted from top-posting ...)
> >
> > On Friday 30 July 2004 04:44 am, "Michael L. Squires" <mikes at siralan.org>
> >
> > wrote:

> >>I just built xorg from scratch under 5.2-CURRENT (of the past few days)
> >>and didn't have this problem.
> >
> > I'm not sure what it is. I tried upgrading again today after a daily
> > cvsup, and still getting this error. I know enough about programming to
> > know what file and line has the problematic code, but I'm not sure what
> > to do to fix it. I think it's on my end, as I haven't heard anyone else
> > comment on this issue, but not sure why or where ...
> >
> > - jt
>
> Read /usr/ports/UPDATING for Xorg

Yes, I did this - btw, I switched to Xorg about a week before it became
default on -CURRENT. Since the switch to Xorg, there has only been one
announcement about it in UPDATES, and it involves Gnome. Even so, I rebuilt
x11-toolkits/libwnck and x11/libxklavier to be sure, but nothing changed as
far as the errors go. Anyway, I'm not sure if there's something in there I'm
missing and you're trying to get me to read it again, or if you're just
saying to RTFM. If there's something in UPDATES I'm missing, please let me
know, as I'm a bit lost here.

- jt