Different sysinstall labelling behaviour when run post-install vs. during install?

Darren Pilgrim dmp at bitfreak.org
Fri Jul 30 14:43:31 PDT 2004

> From: Matthew Seaman [mailto:m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk]
>
> > How do I manually specify or change the partition letter to use?
>
> Don't use sysinstall(8). sysinstall is like the training wheels
> children use when learning to ride a bike: essential in the beginning,
> but once they've achieved some proficiency, the training wheels just
> get in the way.

<Reread the man page>

The last time I used disklabel was on a 4.2-R system.  That nasty little
creature required you to calculate sector counts and offsets by hand and
hope it didn't barf with errors about c not covering the entire disk or
partition overlaps, despite your calculations indicating otherwise.  It's
nice to see it has evolved a bit since then.