Problems after php upgrade

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Thu Jul 29 16:07:18 PDT 2004

I just upgraded php today, and php no longer works on the web server.  I
upgraded the php4 port, and then installed the extensions.  When I try to
load a php page, it's blank, and I get errors like these in
httpd-errors.log:

PHP Warning:  Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library './openssl.so' -
Cannot open "./openssl.so" in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library './overload.so' -
Cannot open "./overload.so" in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library './pcre.so' -
Cannot open "./pcre.so" in Unknown on line 0

The php.ini file has this in it:
extensions_dir = "/usr/local/lib/php/20020429" (which is where the
extensions are.)  The perms are root:wheel r--r--r.

There's also a php.conf file now (in /usr/local/etc/) and it has
PHP_EXT_DIR=20020249.

I have the correct stuff in httpd.conf (otherwise php wouldn't have worked
before.)

I looked through the pkg-message files in the extensions and base dirs, but
no luck.

What did I miss?

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer