Updating 5.2.1 Release #

Scott info at sonservers.com
Thu Jul 29 09:02:00 PDT 2004

Ok, I just did as suggested:

  (   Change this:
  (   *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_5_2_1_RELEASE
  (
  (   for this
  (   *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_5_2_1

and ran cvsup again.

This time, I successfully and quickly deleted every thing
under /usr/src.

There must be something wrong with my cvs tag. I read the
notice in the handbook that says "Be very careful to specify
any tag= fields correctly. Some tags are valid only for
certain collections of files. If you specify an incorrect or
misspelled tag, CVSup will delete files which you probably
do not want deleted."

Here is my supfile that just deleted everything under
/usr/src:

*default host=cvsup15.us.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_5_2_1
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
src-all
ports-all tag=.

To keep up to date with 5.2.1, is that the correct tag?

I'm reinstalling now . . .

Thanks,
Scott