BigApache for Windows - Why doesn't BSD have an installerpackage like this ???

Micheal Patterson micheal at tsgincorporated.com
Thu Jul 29 08:31:33 PDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "DK" <asdzxc111 at yahoo.com>
To: "Guillermo_García-Rojas" <garciarojas at gmail.com>;
<freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 1:36 AM
Subject: Re: Re: BigApache for Windows - Why doesn't BSD have an
installerpackage like this ???

<snip>

> > Can you live without your Windows 2000 GUI? Can you work without it?
>
> Why would I want to... a GUI makes life easier & makes my ability to do
work
> more productive :)

Not really. Your windows 2k pro doesn't allow for remote administration
unless you have pc anywhere running, or it's connected to a domain to allow
remote management. If your gui crashes, the box dies. If IE crashes to far,
the box will die. No pretty gui for you then.

> > What if some big company ask you to work for them, but they have UNIX
> > systems, are you prepared or can you handle that work?
>
> Any OS will take me about 1 week to get up to speed - if its a MS product,
> about 2 days :)

You've been playing with FreeBSD 4.10 for 6 days, and still have issues.
You've played with 4.5 in the past also. Yet you still have problems.

> > One more thing, my OpenBSD 3.5 costs me $0, FreeBSD price is $0 too.
> > Did you spend the same amount of money on your Windows 2000??
>
> Yea 0$ - all my software is War... *cough* ... donated

You should be used to the problems of not having docs on the software that's
"donated" to your hard drive then.  Except in this case, the docs ARE freely
available, it would just appear that you decided to not use them and run
head long into something you know little to nothing about. Not that there's
anything wrong with that, but it's just like buying a car and not knowing it
needs gas. First thing you'd do is blame the car for not running when if you
look at the owners manual, it will plainly tell you that fuel is required.