BigApache for Windows - Why doesn't BSD have an installerpackage like this ???

David Fleck david.fleck at mchsi.com
Thu Jul 29 05:19:29 PDT 2004

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004, DK wrote:
> ... then you maybe right Remko, BSD may not be right for me.

I think it's becoming clear that it's not.  You seem to expect FreeBSD to
be 'just like MSWindows, but Better!' - but it's *not* like MSWin, at all.
If you keep expecting to install/adminsiter a UNIX-like system in the same
way you install/administer a MSWindows system, you will be perpetually
frustrated and disappointed, because you will *continually* run into the
ways in which FreeBSD is nothing like Windows, and you will *never* use
the OS in the way it was designed to be used (because your mind is stuck
in Windows-land).

If you're seriously interest in *learning* how to use UNIX-like systems,
take it slowly and ask lots of specific questions.  If you just want to
rant, you're really wasting everybody's time.

--
David Fleck
david.fleck at mchsi.com