BigApache for Windows - Why doesn't BSD have an installer package like this ???

Joshua Tinnin krinklyfig at spymac.com
Wed Jul 28 12:10:36 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 28 July 2004 09:27 am, DK <asdzxc111 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Giorgos Keramidas <keramida at freebsd.org> wrote:
>
> >  Nobody learns how to install, configure, use & hack a new system in an
> > afternoon's time
>
> no... 6 days, that should be more than enough... I mastered windows 95 in 1

Really? You mean you completely memorized all the important Win95 registry
keys in one day?

This is funny. You know, if you really wanted you could just host your site on
Win95. Or whatever Win with IIS. But it looks to me like you're unhappy
because you're encountering the "real" way this is done for the first time,
and it's more complicated than Windows. Well, yes it is, but it's also the
right way to do it, without cutting corners. In the end you'll be able to
control the system much better, which should be of interest to you if you're
writing programming for the web.

If you want a more powerful system, then take the time to learn it (talking
about much more than a week). If you just need to keep working and don't have
the time to learn something new, then stick with what you know.

- jt