wrong Xircom card??

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Wed Jul 28 10:35:17 PDT 2004

On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 05:59:19PM +0100, Scott Mitchell wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 05:55:51PM -0700, Gary Kline wrote:
> >
> > 	To reply to my last post: no joy.  I tried no kernel config,
> > 	just selected  irq3 and the Default card addr of 0x0000.
> > 	The installation floppies recognized the card and said it
> > 	was initializing things, but same results:  I would up
> > 	with only slip and ppp choices.
> >
> > 	I tried the full-screen intall option next.  Xircon ("xe")
> > 	was't among the drivers in the Network list.  Is there a
> > 	way of installing the xe driver from floppy?
>
> What exact Xircom card is this?  The xe driver only knows about the older
> Xircom PCMCIA cards.  Some of their CardBus adapters are (I believe)
> handled by the dc driver.

	I have the Xircom Ethernet II 10/100 CBE2-100 (IIRC); someone
	on the -mobile list said that only 5.X recognizes this card.

	Both a floppy install of 5.2.1 and a CDROM 5.2.1 recognize
	the Cardbus; but both poison almost immediately.  --So, for now,
	I'm sticking with 4.8 and looking for a PCMCIA card that
	works with 4.8.

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix