HOWTO Ping LAN???

Hakim Singhji Hakim.Singhji at nychhc.org
Wed Jul 28 10:15:41 PDT 2004

Hi All,

Many of you have seen my posts lately, I'm a noobie to FreeBSD.  I'm trying to configure a home "Windows Free" home network complete with default gateway, LAN, Wireless 802.11b and several flavors of Linux/BSD.

Its a pretty big project for me and is teaching me ALOT.  However I have a test setup and I'm am not able to ping my local machine.  I can only ping my gateway.  My local machine is enabled to receive FTP, PING and SSH. In addition the firewall on my default gateway is also configured to operate those services.

I don't know where I''ve gone wrong, my default gateway works fine however...I cannot find my network from the outside.  What is the problem???  Thanks in advance for all your help.

HZS

Hakim Z. Singhji
Coordinating Mgr. / Infection Control
718-245-3923