apcupsd vs FreeBSD-5.2.x

Stacey Roberts stacey at vickiandstacey.com
Tue Jul 27 12:55:41 PDT 2004

Hi Peter,
   Thanks for the reply.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Risdon <peter at circlesquared.com>"
To: To Stacey Roberts
Date: Tue, 27 Jul, 2004 20:12 BST
Subject: Re: apcupsd vs FreeBSD-5.2.x

> Stacey Roberts wrote:
> >
> >[snip]
> >The other problem I've got is that with the instruction to create a soft
> >link
> >for /dev/usv, on reboot, that soft link is of course disappears, so I
> have to
> >manually recreate that soft link again, before (again) manually starting
> >apcupsd from cmdline.
>
> You need to make an appropriate entry in devfs.conf for any
> customisation of /dev to persist beyond a reboot with FreeBSD 5. -
> something like:
>
> link target name

Ah.., yes.., Do you mind checking my syntax, please? According to your suggestion, I'd be adding:

link /dev/cuaa1 /dev/usv

to /etc/devfs.conf, and that should be it?

Whislt I'm keen to try this out, could I then ask the obvious question, is there some reason why in apcupsd.conf I am not allowed to simply use /dev/cuaa1?

Thanks again for taking the time.

Regards,

Stacey