"printf" doesn't work in ia64_init()?

M.M. Yang youngdream8039 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 27 01:38:00 PDT 2004

Hi all,
   I'm reading the function ia64_init()<sys/ia64/ia64/machdep.c>, and try
to use "printf" to output some information. But if I put "printf" before
"msgbufinit()", I won't see any word I expect by using dmesg.

   In the same function after "cninit()", it comments:
	/*
	 * Initialize the console before we print anything out.
	 */
	cninit();

	/* OUTPUT NOW ALLOWED */

So I have thought "printf" should work after cninit(). But now it seems to
work only after msgbufinit().

   Is there any way I can output information before msgbufinit()?

Regards,
Annie