OSS

Miguel Cardenas mfcardenas at prodigy.net.mx
Mon Jul 26 15:01:10 PDT 2004

Hello...

Anybody has installed OSS on FreeBSD 5.2.1? Am trying the system inside a
VMWare machine and had troubles installing OSS... I did it once, but
reinstalled the system and did not work again... it gets installed fine (OSS)
but when running 'soundon' it says there was a problem...

The OSS module is loaded in memory, but simply does not work...

When installing the package it says the following error message:

/dev/mixer0: No such file or directory

What can I do? how can I create /dev/mixer? devices?

Thanks!!