Changing cards in a reader (next step??)

David Kelly dkelly at HiWAAY.net
Mon Jul 26 10:47:15 PDT 2004

On Jul 26, 2004, at 12:26 PM, hoe-waa at hawaii.rr.com wrote:

> I have followed all suggestions and responded with the output of my
> attemps. The problem remains unresolved. I have also requested that
> if anyone has this working *properly* to respond but no one did.

Why not install /usr/ports/emulators/mtools/ and configure "O:" drive
("O" for Olympus) as /dev/da2s1 ?

Then one does not have to be root to insert or remove the card. Just
access the card with mdir, mcopy, mdel, mcd, etc ... Yank the card out
any time you are not using it and insert another just as one does with
tar and tapes.

I'm thinking your issue is probably within mount_msdos. Mtools
implement the DOS filesystem internally. Each M-command issued starts
at the start of media, finds the directory and volume data, then goes
to the appropriate file(s), completely from scratch each time. So there
is no "mount". It does tend to remember current directory.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly at HiWAAY.net