Whats the fastest Windows 2000 like Window Manager ??

DK asdzxc111 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 26 08:45:24 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I just installed FreeBSD v4.10

I would like to install a basic FAST Windows 2000 like Window Manager that "ONLY" has:
- Basic FAST GUI
- MS Notepad like Editor
- MS Windows Explorer like File Manager

I am setting this up as a test web server with Apache etc...

I want very BASIC Windows like GUI with a GUI Text Editor(NOT VI, more like Notepad) to edit
configuration files etc AND a Windows Explorer like File Manager to move files easily around &
from the CD(ie. NOT command line stuff!)

-----------------
My System:
Pentium 200Mhz
128MB SDRAM
16MB PCI Creative Graphics Blaster Riva TNT
10 GIG HD

I have Windows 2000 installed on the Primary Boot partition & that runs VERY fast
(compared to FreeBSD + KDE or GNOME)

Any suggestions/help is greatly appreciated :))

Regards,

DK