Strange behavior of sysinstall

Gerhard Schmidt estartu at augusta.de
Mon Jul 26 06:49:40 PDT 2004

Hi,

i´ve try to set up an pxeboot for automatic installation of my FreeBSD
systems. Installing works without a problem.

To do the custom setup I need for my servers, I have created a package
and a post-install script for this package. The post Install script does
some changes to /etc/rc.conf. I initializes a second network device and
activates some auf the installed packages. That works fine.

The script also add sshd_enabled="YES" to /etc/rc.conf.

When i do a cat /etc/rc.conf from the holographic shell everything seems
OK but after reboot some of the additions are gone (some not all)

The lines missing are

inetd_enable="YES"
keymap="german.iso"
nfs_client_enable="YES"
ntpdate_enable="YES"
ntpdate_flags="..."
rpcbind_enable="YES"
sshd_enable="YES"
usbd_enable="YES"

the lines for the second Networkdevice and activation of the installed
packages remain in the rc.conf.

Bye
	Estartu

Gerhard Schmidt    | Nick : estartu      IRC : Estartu  |
Fischbachweg 3     |                                    |  PGP Public Key
86856 Hiltenfingen | Privat: estartu at augusta.de         |    on Request