make installworld trouble

Bernt. H bernt at bah.homeip.net
Sun Jul 25 20:59:07 PDT 2004

Matt Emmerton wrote:
>>Trying to install world on this machine but it does not like
>>make installworld.
>>I have not much of a clue. is it perl? vm?
>>
>>help!
>>
>>uname -a
>>FreeBSD usenet2.ath.cx 4.10-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.10-RELEASE #0: Thu Jul 15
>>13:44:12 CEST 2004     xyz at x.yz:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/DELLFW  i386
>>
>>vm/vnode_pager.h -> vm/vnode_pager.ph
>>*** Error code 1
>>
>>Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl/utils/h2ph.
>>*** Error code 1
>

> Looks like this is failing in the installation of Perl -- the part where it
> generates a perl-ized version of every system header.
>
> Are you following the procedure outlined here?
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/makeworld.html#AEN26900
>
> --
> Matt Emmerton

Yes i'm following that. But when i look in
/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl/utils/h2ph

There is only empty dirs. So I changed the makefile from:

beforedepend all:       links

SUBDIR= c2ph h2ph h2xs perlbug perlcc perldoc pl2pm splain

.include <bsd.prog.mk>

.PATH:  ${PERL5SRC}

To this.

beforedepend all:       links

SUBDIR=

.include <bsd.prog.mk>

.PATH:  ${PERL5SRC}

And now it manage to get passed that bit.