How to Handle the Three Newest Additions to the /usr/ports/CHANGES?

Joshua Tinnin krinklyfig at spymac.com
Sat Jul 24 07:36:42 PDT 2004

On Friday 23 July 2004 10:10 pm, Bob Perry <rperry4 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Just cvsup'd my system for the weekend and found three additions
> to the /usr/ports/CHANGES file.  They referenced a replacement of
> the XFREE86_VERSION variable by the X_WINDOW_SYSTEM variable,
> a big update to PHP ports and bsd.php.mk to add more flexibility  plus
> an announcement that "OpenLDAP version 2.2 is now the default..."
>
> I'm still learning FreeBSD and deal with issues as they come up.   I
> remember reading postings regarding the XFree86 issue but thought
> I had the option to leave well enough alone.  Maybe not.

I don't know about the other two, but as for the X_WINDOW_SYSTEM variable, it
looks to me like it's related to this:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2004-July/032267.html

It only applies to -CURRENT right now, but it's as easy as adding a line to
rc.conf if you want to stay with XFree86.

- jt