Vinum.

Wojciech Puchar wojtek at tensor.3miasto.net
Sat Jul 24 01:45:55 PDT 2004

> drive e device /dev/da5s1e
> drive f device /dev/da6s1e
> volume raid10
>   plex org striped 512k
>         sd length 0 drive a
>         sd length 0 drive b
>         sd length 0 drive c
>   plex org striped 512k
>         sd length 0 drive d
>         sd length 0 drive e
>         sd length 0 drive f
>
> I havent done any profiling but it "feels" a little slow to me.
> Thought i'd talk to others to see what their using and see if i should
> restructure my volume.

with linear read it will get speed of one drive, linear write - a bit
slower (2 writes must be done but in parallel).

BUT:

with 100 processes reading different things from it it could be up to 6
times faster (actually bit less as it will never get spread evenly) than
single drive. writes near 3 times faster.