Routing freebsd bridge ath0 R10

Dan longterm at pdx.chatusa.com
Fri Jul 23 22:54:36 PDT 2004

Hello,

In using FreeBsd 5.2.1-Release I am running into some trouble. I have successfully recompiled the kernel with support for atheros based wireless cards. I have also been able to setup the card into access point "Hostap" mode correctly. I have tried the bridging recommend in the FreeBSD wireless setup at http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-wireless.html but was unsuccessful. I have configured the wireless adapter with it's own subnet of ip's one for the actual box and the rest client ip''. The subnet is not the same as the one on the wireless adapter. When I enable bridge mode as dicussed in the link above, I can ping the ip allocated to the ethernet adapter and the one allocated to the wireless adapter when wirelessly connected to the freebsd box, but when the bridging is disabled I can only ping the ip assigned to the wireless adapter in the machine when wirelessly connected. When I ssh to the box either with bridging on or off to the wireless ip on the machine I can ping google.com and other common web sites. I need help trying to route the adapted and client ip's to the internet.

Dan