Firewall, OpenVPN and Squid question

Murray Taylor murraytaylor at bytecraftsystems.com
Thu Jul 22 18:20:45 PDT 2004

If you run your own DHCP server then you can lock IP numbers via their
MAC id there for the machines you trust.

Then allow them appropriate access via ipf and corral the rest.

(In DCHP create a 'pool' for others that uses a different section of
your ip range)

HTH
mjt

On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 23:51, Paul Hillen wrote:
> Want to thank you guys for your help; I setup my first firewall last night.
> Granted it is basic, and have a lot of work to do yet, but it's a start. It
> is routing and letting my test machines access the web.
>
> Hopefully the last question (yeah right)
>
> I decided to use IPFILTER and appears to be easy enough - just have to get
> use to the syntax. Does anyone know if IPFILTER can pass/block based on MAC
> ADDRESS instead of just IP address. I can not find anything on Goggle unless
> I am simply doing an incorrect query.
>
> Thanks again
> Paul

> This Email has been scanned for Viruses by MailMarshal.
Murray Taylor
Special Projects Engineer
---------------------------------
Bytecraft Systems & Entertainment
P: +61 3 8710 2555
F: +61 3 8710 2599
D: +61 3 9238 4275
M: +61 417 319 256
E: murraytaylor at bytecraftsystems.com
or visit us on the web
http://www.bytecraftsystems.com
http://www.bytecraftentertainment.com

The information transmitted in this e-mail is for the exclusive
use of the intended addressee and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission,
dissemination or other use of it, or the taking of any action
in reliance upon this information by persons and/or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
received this in error, please inform the sender and/or
addressee immediately and delete the material.

E-mails may not be secure, may contain computer viruses and
may be corrupted in transmission. Please carefully check this
e-mail (and any attachment) accordingly. No warranties are
given and no liability is accepted for any loss or damage
caused by such matters.