IP Management

Michael W. Oliver freebsd-questions at gargantuan.com
Thu Jul 22 17:22:23 PDT 2004

On 2004-07-22T13:24:09+0200, Chris Knipe wrote:
> Lo all (again),
>
> A bit off-topic, but I thought if there is something like what I want,
> someone on this list should know about it...
>
> I'm looking for IP Management software (IP Networks that is).  Basically, my
> own repository where I can allocate a certain network of numbers to a client
> below us, and have a record of who has what IP addresses.  Something like a
> local whois server I suppose...
>
> Is there something like this out there?? Can anyone recommend some packages
> that is worth looking in to?? I'd prefer it if the entire thing is MySQL
> based so that I can integrate it into existing customer management software.

You may want to check out...

IPplan - http://iptrack.sf.net/ (PHP & MySQL, no IPv6 support :( )
FreeIPdb - http://www.freeipdb.org/ (Perl & PostgreSQL)

I use IPplan and like it a lot, though I wish it did support IPv6.

In addition, I found this interesting, but never have used it...

NorthStar - http://www.brownkid.net/NorthStar/

--
Mike
perl -e 'print unpack("u","88V]N=&%C=\"!I;F9O(&EN(&AE861E<G,*");'