Streaming Audio

Justin W. Pauler jwpauler at airroverwifi.com
Thu Jul 22 14:46:55 PDT 2004

Andrew,

No, everything is console based. For example, my setup consists of:

	1. Making a playlist: a text file listing each song
		in my collection (locate *.ogg >> playlist)

	2. Starting IceCast

	3. Starting IceS

	4. Listening

IceS then reads the playlist file that is created and by configuration,
either randomly picks a song or goes in sequential order, again, that is up
to you. I generally like the system, not bad at all, the only thing I wish I
could do was call up songs on a whim, which out of the box cannot be done,
however, with a little php script on the webserver, I'm going to do just
that (add the new song to the top of the playlist and send a SIGHUP).

But yes, everything is console based, and I used it for well over 8 hours
today without a single dropout or audio problem.

--
Justin W. Pauler