ORiNOCO Wireless - troubles

Maksym Marchenko marchenk at in.tum.de
Wed Jul 21 14:13:29 PDT 2004

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:29:33 -0500, Andrew L. Gould <algould at datawok.com>
wrote:

> On Thursday 22 July 2004 12:49 pm, Maksym Marchenko wrote:
>> On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:53:45 -0500, Andrew L. Gould
>> <algould at datawok.com>
>>
>> wrote:

>> > If I'm reading OLDCARD correctly, it references GENERIC; so if
>> > you're still using a GENERIC kernel, you can:
>> >
>> > 	#unless you're the only user on a standalone pc, boot into single
>> > user #login as root
>> > 	cd /usr/src
>> > 	make clean
>> > 	make buildkernel KERNCONF=OLDCARD
>> > 	make installkernel KERNCONF=OLDCARD
>> > 	shutdown -r now
>>
>> That is wrote in FreeBSD Handbook:
>> Procedure 2. Building a Kernel the ``New'' Way
>>
>> Change to the /usr/src directory.
>> # cd /usr/src
>> Compile the kernel.
>> # make buildkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL
>> Install the new kernel.
>> # make installkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL
>>
>> But I don't know, because elder OLDCARD was bigger, actually that
>> was like GENERIC. But in 5.2 he isn't so big, only 17 lines
>>
>> http://fxr.watson.org/fxr/source/i386/conf/OLDCARD?v=RELENG52
>>
>> So I don't know, can I really do this with that new OLDCARD???
>
> I think so.  Look for a line in OLDCARD that says:
>
> 	include GENERIC
>
> If you 'make buildkernel' and it finishes successfully, you probably
> have a good kernel.  If it errors out, don't install it -- do a 'make
> clean' instead.

Thanks for help.

ACPI mode - it says:
WARNING:Driver mistake: repeat make_dev("ttyv0")
panic: don't do that

Single user mode - it says : don't know how to make buildkernel
(I think - because I've installed kernel sources only
(X-Kernel-Developer))

But now I tried it with 4.9  - and it works. But only with 4.9

With 5.0, 5.1 and 5.2 didn't. May be 5.2.1 will be better ...

--
Отправлено M2, революционной почтовой программой Opera:
http://www.opera.com/