Apache/mod_php4/mysql issue

Dan Rue drue at therub.org
Wed Jul 21 12:15:31 PDT 2004

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 02:53:55PM -0400, Robert Munn wrote:
> I recently upgraded apache2 and mod_php4 using portupgrade.  Now all my scripts that
> reference mysql fail with the error message:
>
> PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function:  mysql_connect() in /usr/users/munn/public_html/Testing/MySQL.php
>

>From /usr/ports/UPDATING:
20040719:
  AFFECTS: users of PHP
  AUTHOR: ale at FreeBSD.org

  The old lang/php4 and lang/php5 ports have been splitted into 'base' PHP,
  PEAR, and shared extensions to allow more flexibility and add new features.
  Upgrading your current PHP installation will result in a 'base' PHP
  installation (no PEAR and no extensions).
  PEAR can be found in the new devel/php4-pear and devel/php5-pear ports, while
  the set of PHP extensions to install can be choosen via the meta-ports
  lang/php4-extensions and lang/php5-extensions, or installing singular
  extensions individually.

You need to install /usr/ports/databases/php4-mysql, and you'll probably need
to change your extension_dir in your php.ini to point to
/usr/local/lib/php/20020429 (or whichever dir you have in there).

Dan