ORiNOCO Wireless - troubles

Maksym Marchenko marchenk at in.tum.de
Wed Jul 21 10:48:52 PDT 2004

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:53:45 -0500, Andrew L. Gould <algould at datawok.com>
wrote:

> On Wednesday 21 July 2004 10:27 am, Maksym Marchenko wrote:
>> Andrew L. Gould wrote:

>> > Look for information regarding your laptop brand/model, or similar
>> > models, at:
>> >
>> > http://gerda.univie.ac.at/freebsd-laptops/
>> >
>> > What version of FreeBSD are you running?  I'm not familiar with the
>> > laptop; but FreeBSD 5.* has problems with many of the older pcmcia
>> > slots.  If you're running FreeBSD 5.*, consider:
>> >
>> > 1. recompiling the kernel using the OLDCARD kernel configuration
>> > file. 2. If ACPI is enabled, try booting with it disabled. (If it's
>> > disabled, try booting with it enabled.)
>> > 3. You might also consider changing to FreeBSD 4.10, the production
>> > version of FreeBSD.
>>
>> I was already at http://gerda.univie.ac.at/freebsd-laptops/
>>
>> I'm running 5.2 , I had 4.9, bat it was the same trouble.
>> May be 4.10 is better that way ...
>>
>> I've not found a reference about including OLDCARD during kernel
>> compiling. How can I do that?
>
> If I'm reading OLDCARD correctly, it references GENERIC; so if you're
> still using a GENERIC kernel, you can:
>
> 	#unless you're the only user on a standalone pc, boot into single user
> 	#login as root
> 	cd /usr/src
> 	make clean
> 	make buildkernel KERNCONF=OLDCARD
> 	make installkernel KERNCONF=OLDCARD
> 	shutdown -r now

That is wrote in FreeBSD Handbook:
Procedure 2. Building a Kernel the ``New'' Way

Change to the /usr/src directory.
# cd /usr/src
Compile the kernel.
# make buildkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL
Install the new kernel.
# make installkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL

But I don't know, because elder OLDCARD was bigger, actually that
was like GENERIC. But in 5.2 he isn't so big, only 17 lines

http://fxr.watson.org/fxr/source/i386/conf/OLDCARD?v=RELENG52

So I don't know, can I really do this with that new OLDCARD???

--
Отправлено M2, революционной почтовой программой Opera:
http://www.opera.com/