gpilotd headaches!?!?!

DAVID THOMPSON thompsda at 1stnational.com
Wed Jul 21 08:11:25 PDT 2004

Hello all...

I have been 'round n circles with this error message when I try to
connect my palm with gnome palm pilot conduits..

"The Application "gpilotd" has quit unexpectedly."

then in the console...

"(gpilotd-control-applet:922): gpilotd-WARNING **:
gnome-pilot-client.gob:819: Caught exception:
IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0"

I have installed everything on this 5.2.1 box from ports after a cvs-up.
I even tried 4.10 with no luck.

I am using:
evolution-1.4.6_1
gnomepilot2-2.0.10_2
libIDL-0.8.3_2
pilot-link-0.11.8_3
ORBit2-2.10.3
ORBit-0.5.17_2
gob2-2.0.8

I have seen other people with this error, but I haven't seen anyone who
fixed it.

I can get pilot-link to work with 5.2.1, but gpilotd still crashes.
Maybe there is a way to sync evo directly with pilot-link?? Any
suggestions would be helpful because I have been working on this for a
week.

David

This e-mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain information which is
privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable
law. If you are not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent
of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error
please notify us immediately by replying to postmaster at pcbancorp.com.