Courier-imap + Postfix problem

Brent Wiese brently at bjwcs.com
Tue Jul 20 18:16:46 PDT 2004

Sorry, I missed this question and have been away from the list for a bit.
Hopefully you figured this out by now, but just in case, I've answered
below.

<<snip>>

> All i got to do now, it seems, is start portmap and fam on
> system boot. I know portmap_enable="YES" in rc.conf does
> the trick, but what about starting fam?

Look in /usr/local/etc/rc.d

There will likely be several startup scripts in there for other services.
Use one as a skeleton to start up fam. Likely, if you installed fam from
ports, there will already be a startup script in that directory, it'll just
need to be renamed. Many ports will put the scripts there with a "-sample"
extension. Check to make sure that file looks in the right places for your
daemon and if so, rename it to remove the -sample and it'll start up on
boot.